The Lead Medical Billing Specialist has responsibility for posting medical charges, payments, and journal entries to patient accounts in a timely and accurate manner. The Lead Medical Billing Specialist will also process insurance claim denials, file appeals, and contact insurance companies. This position works in a close team environment to meet daily, monthly and quarterly billing metrics. Other responsibilities include answering patient account balance questions, verifying correct insurance filing information on behalf of the client and patient, verifying receipt of all patient registration data from client, and notifying client of potential coding problems. This position oversees 3 billing specialist staff members and requires substantial experience and understanding of the healthcare billing industry including ICD-10 and CPT coding.
As a Medical Billing Specialist Team Lead, you are responsible for meeting the requirements and performance standards. You will be responsible for demonstrating knowledge of the team’s core processes and functions and will direct the work efforts and results of a team of associates. In this role, you will develop team goals and manage them for results; create an environment of high associate satisfaction and retention through coaching performance, completing performance reviews, goal setting, development planning, and rewards.
• Knowledge of practice management or healthcare billing
• Ability to work effectively on a team to coordinate assignments and meet client goals in a fast pace environment
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Demonstrates the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work to meet adapting deadlines
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work overtime and irregular hours when needed
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience in practice management or healthcare billing
• Solid understanding of the healthcare industry and reimbursement process
• 2 years strong billing knowledge.